Skip to Content / Sautez au contenu Skip to Access keys / Sautez au Touches d´accès
OR   Go directly to most popular site features

What We Do: Alcohol

Closing a Business

Closing a Business and surrendering a liquor sales licence

Under Ontario Regulation 719(56(1)) of the Liquor Licence Act, unless you are transferring the liquor sales licence, you must surrender the licence back to the Registrar of Alcohol and Gaming when you stop operating your business.

To do this, complete the   Voluntary Surrender of Licence or Authorization form and send it and the liquor sales licence to the AGCO. If you do not surrender your licence, a revocation of licence will be noted on your record.