A Social Gaming event is an event where no more than a total of 20 blackjack tables and/or wheels of fortune are operated. The gaming activities must be ancillary or complementary to a social occasion. This may include a dinner or dance sponsored by an applicant, or as approved by the Registrar. The hours of the Social Gaming event must fall within the operating hours of the social occasion and cannot exceed 8 consecutive hours between the hours of 12:00 noon to 2:00 a.m.
A raffle draw may be held in conjunction with the Social Gaming event. Raffles under $5,000 may be applied for on the social gaming event application form. Raffles over $5,000 must be applied for using the raffle application form.
All Social Gaming event licences are issued by the Registrar of Alcohol and Gaming. The Registrar will not issue a licence to an organization for more than one social gaming event per month.
New and updated PDF forms on this site can be filled-in and saved locally to your PC. This updated feature preserves all of the information you have filled in, however, version 6.05 or later of Adobe Reader® is required. Download Adobe Acrobat Reader®
Required attachments to applications:
- First time applicants, please visit
What is needed to Determine Eligibility?
- Municipal approval letter (if applicable)
- Copy of print advertising to be utilized in conjunction with the event
- Sample of the proposed invitation or admittance ticket, including the stub for the social gaming event
- Copy of site contract (i.e., contract between organization and venue where event will be hosted)
lottery licensing fee
payable to the Minister of Finance
- Copy of Registered Gaming Supplier equipment/service invoice and charitable gaming event budget
The licensee must conduct and manage the event in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the licence.
Important Application Reminders
- For PDF forms completed online or offline, please ensure ALL the input information has printed out on your application.
- For PDF forms filled-in by hand, please ensure you PRINT legibly in black ink.
- Please ensure ALL required questions are completed. Incomplete, improperly completed or unsigned applications will be returned to applicant.
- Do not email application forms. Mail application(s) along with ALL supporting documents to:
Alcohol and Gaming Commission
Licensing and Registration
90 Sheppard Avenue East, Suite 200
Toronto, Ontario M2N 0A4
Please read the "Instructions" portion of the application(s) for supporting document requirements.