Skip to Content / Sautez au contenu Skip to Access keys / Sautez au Touches d´accès
OR   Go directly to most popular site features

Services For You: Liquor Manufacturer / Representative

Manufacturer’s Licence

"A Manufacturer´s Licence is required if you intend to produce and sell spirits, beer or wine in Ontario"

The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) issues licences which allow a producer of beverage alcohol to sell its products to the Liquor Control Board of Ontario (LCBO) for sale or distribution in its system or by other approved means.

Please be advised that the Excise Act and the Excise Act, 2001 (administered by the Canada Revenue Agency) requires that a person obtain a licence under these federal statutes prior to producing or packaging wine, beer and/or spirits in Canada.

Visit the Canada Revenue Agency’s website for more information or you may telephone them at 1-866-667-9851.

If the applicant is a corporation, partnership or sole proprietorship, its business trade (operating) name must be registered with the Companies and Personal Property Security Branch. Also note that corporations must file updated information with respect to officers and directors of a corporation with the Companies and Personal Property Security Branch on a regular basis. For information and forms, please see the, Central Forms Repository. Forms must be forwarded to Companies and Personal Property Security Branch for processing.

Renewing a Manufacturer´s Licence

Winery/Distillery: New manufacturer's winery and distillery licences are valid for two years from the issued date and are renewable every two years thereafter.

Brewery: New manufacturer's brewery licences are valid for one year from the issue date and are renewable every year thereafter.

A renewal notice and application form will be mailed to the licensee by the AGCO, as a courtesy, 60 days prior to the expiry date shown on the licence. The licensee must return the completed renewal form and the appropriate alcohol licensing fee alcohol licensing fee payable to the Minister of Finance, prior to the expiry date. There is an additional fee for late renewals.

Transfer of a Manufacturer´s Licence

Manufacturer´s Licences are issued to individuals, business partnerships or corporations, for operation at a specific location. The owner - as licensed with the AGCO - is responsible for the ongoing operation of the licence.

Changes in ownership (more commonly referred to as licence transfers) must be approved by the AGCO. An application must be submitted for approval before the change is made.

Licence transfers fall into two general categories: A 100% change in ownership from that currently registered with the AGCO; or a partial change in ownership from that currently registered with the AGCO.

For more information on manufacturer's licences, download our "Manufacturer´s Licence Application and Guide" located at the end of the page where you will also find all relevant application forms in PDF format.

Application Process

In late spring 2017, the AGCO will begin rolling out online services in multiple phases and liquor manufacturers will be among the first to benefit.

Read the information bulletin for more details.

PDF Instructions

New and updated PDF forms on this site can be filled-in and saved locally to your PC. This updated feature preserves all of the information you have filled in, however, version 6.05 or later of Adobe Reader® is required.  Download Adobe Acrobat Reader®

Application Forms and Guide

Important Application Reminders

  • For PDF forms completed online or offline, please ensure ALL the input information has printed out on your application.
  • For PDF forms filled-in by hand, please ensure you PRINT legibly in ink.
  • Please ensure ALL required questions are completed. Incomplete, improperly completed or unsigned applications will be returned to applicant.
  • Do not email application forms. Mail application(s) along with ALL supporting documents to:

    Alcohol and Gaming Commission
    Licensing and Registration
    90 Sheppard Avenue East, Suite 200
    Toronto, Ontario M2N 0A4

Please read the "Instructions" portion of the application(s) for supporting document requirements.